To help today’s food system build trust.
CFI envisions a transparent, sustainable food system in which practices align with consumer expectations and the public discussion is well-informed and balanced.
What We Believe
- We support informed choice: CFI is a leading voice for credible, balanced information to support informed decision making.
- We value the diversity of today’s food system and respect differing viewpoints – an approach that provides the insight needed to foster critical thinking, anticipate issues, and develop innovative, flexible strategies that build trust around food system issues.
- We believe a sustainable food system includes innovation in food production to help meet the need for healthy, affordable food.
- We believe a sustainable food system must be ethically grounded, scientifically verified and economically viable.
- We believe the foundation for building trust is meeting consumer needs and better aligning food system practices with consumer values and expectations.